Osaka has a lot to offer – beautiful architecture, delicious street food and a variety of entertainment options. Here are some of the highlights from my trip…
- Taking a day trip to Nara
Deer Park, Nara.
So much fun!
Kasuga Taisha Shrine.
2. Exploring the bustling Kuromon Market
Fish head anyone?
Every kind of seafood you can imagine is available for sale.
Not too sure what’s going on here.
3. Visiting one of Japan’s oldest shrines – Sumiyoshi Taisha
Sumiyoshi Tasha Shrine.
4. Checking out beautiful Osaka Castle Park & Museum
5. Getting lost on purpose in Dontonbori
Shinsekai (means new world in Japanese) neighbourhood.
Kani Doraku restaurant.
Making the famous Japanese snack – Takoyaki (fried octopus ball)
Our turn to try!
6. Sampling some sake
Taking a break from sightseeing for a taste of Japan’s famous rice wine.
You can see what I got up to in Kyoto here.